Building Owners and Managers Association
WHAT IS A FAIR WAY TO ALLOCATE COMMON AREAS TO TENANTS? HOW DO I STANDARDIZE BUILDING MEASUREMENTS ? MY BUILDING BLUEPRINTS ARE GONE OR OUTDATED
The client needed to reconstruct the blueprints of their old buildings within a time frame of one month for accounting deadlines. They also used the data to verify the lease area for contract negotiation purposes. They needed a reliable standard to follow as basis for the measurements.
PhilSurv used the BOMA international standards as basis for measurements. The teams conducted an as-built and detailed measure survey in order to get dimensions of common areas composed of utility rooms, stairs, elevators, common rooms and lobbies.
HOW IS IT USEFUL ?
• Use International Standards as basis for computation of Lease Area, Best practices of floor measurement, Industrial space, Mixed-Use Properties, Office Buildings and Retail.
• Proper allocation of common areas to leased areas
• Reduce ambiguity of classifying and measuring areas to avoid legal liabilities
• Reconstruct building blueprints
• Used by building owners, managers, developers, leasing professionals, corporate facility managers, asset managers, and the providers of the products and services needed to operate commercial properties