HOW DO I KNOW IF THE INSTALLATIONS AND/OR STRUCTURES ARE BEING PLACED ON THE RIGHT SPOT AND ACCORDING TO PLAN?
Client wants regular checking of the alignment and centerline of anything that will be buried or
installed during the expansion of structures on the property. Philsurv conducted a construction
survey in aid of the project. Reference markers were established, and their elevations were
determined. This was necessary as constant checks in measurements and lay-out of structures
were needed while the construction is ongoing. They also had us perform as-built surveys to verify
that the works authorized were completed to the specifications set on the plan.
KEY ELEMENTS OF A CONSTRUCTION SURVEY
• Survey existing site conditions (e.g. topography, existing buildings, infrastructure and
• Stake-out reference points and markers that will guide the construction of new structures
• Verify location of structures during construction
• Site visit and inspection to make sure pouring of concrete is line and plumb
HOW IS IT USEFUL?
• In planning and design wherein the accuracy is essential in determining the reference
points and markers of the location of the proposed new structures such as roads,
buildings and any other structural footprint layout
• Validation of site works
• Ensures that the plan specifications are followed as well as the compliance to the client
requirements and scope of works (ex schedule)
• Mapping of the project area